DETROIT (AP) - Michigan State Police officials say they now believe four shootings on Detroit's freeway system are linked to the same suspect or suspects.
The agency's Metro Detroit post says a woman recently reported that her car was hit by gunfire on Thursday along Interstate 94 on the city's east side. Police say the gunfire occurred on the same day and in the same area as three other shootings.
One of the shootings along I-94 left a driver with a leg wound. Three other vehicles were struck but drivers weren't injured.
Police say they're looking for a silver or gray sedan seen at some of the shootings.
Extra police patrols have been added to area freeways.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police link 4th freeway shooting to same suspects in Detroit
- Four shot overnight in Detroit
- Detroit father charged in shooting of his 3-year-old son
- Police: Wisconsin shooting suspect dead
- Police arrest mall shooting suspect
- Detroit police search abandoned homes and board them up after suspected serial killings
- Police are investigating possible link between California synagogue shooting suspect and nearby mosque fire
- Detroit police mourn officer who dies days after being shot
- JPMorgan fund for Detroit entrepreneurs just tripled
- Homeless man denied room at Detroit hotel