Police are looking for a suspect after seven people were shot at a 2-year-old's birthday party in Camp Springs, Maryland, on Saturday night, authorities said.
Three victims suffered serious injuries, four have less serious injuries and all are expected to survive, Prince George's County Police Chief Hank Stawinski said at a news conference. The victims range in age from 18 to 20 years old.
Stawinski said about a dozen people were gathered for the toddler's party when one person came up and a fight broke out, ending with gunshots.
Police believe this was the act of a single shooter, the chief added.
Camp Springs is a suburb of Washington, DC.
- 7 people were shot at 2-year-old's birthday party in Maryland, police say
- 5 children shot at birthday party, teen arrested
- 10-year-old boy shot at Newport News birthday party, critically injured
- Teen clinging to life after being shot in the head at birthday party
- Police: Lone suspect in Maryland shooting dead
- Burger King Employees Throw 80th Birthday Party for Loyal Customer
- Deployed soldier's employer throws birthday party for his kids
- Cops searching for 2 after birthday party shooting
- Maryland school officer stops armed student who shot 2 others
- Reports of shots fired at Maryland high school