Officials in Cuba are investigating the cause of a bus crash that left seven people dead in the eastern party of the country, state media reported.
A bus was headed from Baracoa to Guantánamo on Thursday afternoon when it flipped over in a region that's mountainous with winding roads.
Accidents, disasters and safety
Continents and regions
Deaths and fatalities
Diseases and disorders
Health and medical
Wounds and injuries
Of the 40 passengers, 18 people were Cubans, and the others were tourists from other nations. Three Cubans, two Argentines, a German and a French citizen were killed, state-run Radio Guantánamo station reported.
Officials were working to identify the dead.
According to state media, 33 injured passengers arrived at a hospital in Guantánamo for treatment.
- Bus crash kills 7 in Cuba
- Cuba mourns after over 100 killed in plane crash
- Cuba Fast Facts
- India bus crash kills 33 Hindu pilgrims
- Kenya bus crash kills at least 30
- Cuba: elecciones y luego ¿qué?
- More than 100 killed in Cuba plane crash, state media reports
- Senate holds hearing on Cuba 'sonic attacks'
- The challenges facing Cuba's likely new leader
- Miguel Diaz-Canel named Cuba's new president