Two suspects have been arrested in connection with a shooting in downtown Denver that left one man dead and four others wounded, police said Tuesday.
Monday's incident occurred just after 4 p.m. near Coors Field at Lawrence and 21st streets.
Continents and regions
Southwestern United States
Crime, law enforcement and corrections
Crimes against persons
Diseases and disorders
Health and medical
Wounds and injuries
One person died at the scene and four others were taken to the hospital, police said.
Two patients were in serious condition Tuesday, Denver Health tweeted. The other two were discharged.
The suspects and victims are all men, police said.
Eyewitnesses described multiple shots being fired.
Willie Salone told CNN affiliate CBS4 that he works close to the crime scene.
"I saw some guy walk up to another guy, I don't know what went on, but after a while he started shooting. He shoots the guy he was talking to in the head. After that, he started shooting some more," he said.
Andrew Guzman told the TV station that his car had been parked nearby.
"My back windshield was shot out, and one of the bullets ended up in my back headrest," he said.
Police said the circumstances surrounding the shooting remain under investigation and they are speaking to witnesses.
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated a hospital spokesman's comment on the shooting. The spokesman said five people had been shot.
- Two held in Denver shooting that left 1 dead, 4 injured
- Uber driver held after fatal shooting of passenger in Denver
- Suspect in Denver area school shooting identified
- People left 'dead and injured' after van crash
- Woman dead, pregnant woman injured in shooting
- Police: Uber driver shoots, kills passenger on Denver interstate
- Uber driver charged in fatal shooting of passenger in Denver
- A hailstorm left two animals dead at a Colorado zoo and 14 people injured
- Police detail harrowing raid and shootout that left 5 Houston officers injured and 2 suspects dead
- An Illinois silicone plant explosion left 2 dead, 3 injured and 2 still missing