"Bachelor" stars Arie Luyendyk Jr. and Lauren Burnham have a baby on the way.
The couple confirmed the news on Wednesday via Instagram.
Families and children
Family members and relatives
Parents and parenting
Population and demographics
Luyendyk Jr. and Burnham shared a sonogram image he captioned: "Nothing compares, absolutely nothing compares to the moment you find out you're going to be a dad! We cried, we laughed and it really was such a special moment for us, we're so freakin' happy!"
The couple plan to wed in January.
Luyendyk Jr. and Burnham's road to the altar had a few speed bumps. The "Bachelor" star first picked Becca Kufrin to be his bride at the season's conclusion back in March.
But during the "After the Final Rose" episode immediately following the finale, Luyendyk Jr. revealed they had broken up and that he was dating Burnham, who was the runner-up.
Kufrin called the split "brutal" at the time.
Luyendyk Jr. maintained that Burnham was always "the one."
"This is my journey, and this is about finding a lasting love and that road is not always the easiest," he said to E! last spring. "It's all about the ending and finding that person for yourself and that's the important part. I'm very happy."
- Arie Luyendyk Jr. and Lauren Burnham expecting first child
- Arie Luyendyk Jr. and Lauren Burnham reveal their wedding plans
- Becca Kufrin says Arie Luyendyk Jr. didn't mean to break her heart
- Arie Luyendyk Jr. is every dude who ever broke your heart
- Ralph Lauren Fast Facts
- Golfer Arie Irawan, 28, dies in hotel room
- Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino marries Lauren Pesce
- Papa John's hires Ari Emanuel's ad agency to get past N-word controversy
- Meghan Markle expecting first child with Harry
- Amy Schumer expecting her first child