Obama's husband won for the audiobook recordings of his memoirs "Dreams of My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope" in 2006 and 2008.
Obama's win for best spoken word album beat out nominees John Waters and the Beastie Boys, among others. She did not attend the ceremonies.
The text version of "Becoming" has sold millions of copies, and had the longest streak at No. 1 on Amazon for any book since "Fifty Shades of Grey" in 2012. The memoir traces Michelle Obama's Chicago roots to her time in the White House.
Obama isn't the only former first lady to win a Grammy for best spoken word album. Hillary Clinton won in 2003 for "Living History."
- Michelle Obama wins a Grammy, a third for the household
- Michelle Obama Fast Facts
- See Michelle Obama's portrait unveiled
- Michelle Obama: Educate every girl
- Michelle Obama is still right
- Can Michelle Obama's former chief of staff solve the Grammys female problem?
- Michelle Obama's Valentine's Day playlist melts hearts
- Little girl amazed by Michelle Obama portrait
- Michelle Obama reflects on 2016 election
- Watch moment between Bush, Michelle Obama