Heather Locklear took a moment in the midst of her grief to try to inspire.
The actress, who has had legal and personal problems of late, posted a note on her official Instagram.
"Addiction is a ferocious and will try to take you down," she wrote. "Recovery is the best revenge."
Locklear returned to social media last month after being arrested in June on two misdemeanor counts of battery on emergency personnel.
Sheriff's deputies responded to two calls to Locklear's residence in Thousand Oaks, California.
Sgt. Eric Buschow of the Ventura County Sherriff's Department told CNN that deputies during the first call determined no crime had been committed. But at a later call, authorities found a domestic disturbance involving Locklear and another party.
According to Buschow, Locklear kicked one of the deputies in the leg, and he described the "Melrose Place" star as "extremely intoxicated and very uncooperative" as she was handcuffed and taken into custody.
The alleged incident occurred two months after she pleaded not guilty to battery on a peace officer in a separate incident.
Locklear has made headlines over the years for issues related to substance abuse.
On Wednesday she wrote on her Instagram post, "Be kind to everyone you meet, your light just might change their path."
She ended it with "Rest In Peace Beautiful Josh. You touched my (heart)."
- Heather Locklear posts about addiction
- Arrestan a la actriz Heather Locklear
- Heather Locklear arrested following domestic dispute
- Medical call made after Heather Locklear arrest
- Heather Locklear pleads not guilty to charges of attacking police
- Check out the new 'Heathers'
- Heather Heyer's mom visits memorial in Charlottesville: 'It's not all about Heather'
- 'Sound of Music' star Heather Menzies Urich dies at 68
- Heather Nauert is Trump's top choice for UN ambassador
- Heather Nauert expected to be next UN ambassador