Actor Alec Baldwin will be the keynote speaker at the New Hampshire Democratic Party's Eleanor Roosevelt Dinner this October, the party said in a statement.
Continents and regions
Government and public administration
Northeastern United States
US Democratic Party
US political parties
Political Figures - US
In a statement about the dinner, the actor said he is "excited to speak at the Eleanor Roosevelt Dinner knowing that New Hampshire has been on the frontlines of electing strong Democratic candidates to office."
"With 69 days until the election, I have dedicated my efforts to helping the Democratic Party win across the country," Baldwin said.
The dinner will take place on October 14 in Manchester and funds will help support Democratic candidates in the state.
Last year, Baldwin headlined the Iowa Democratic Party's fall gala fundraiser, bringing his version of Trump to the stage. Later, however, Baldwin said he felt conflicted about the impression, fearing it helps "normalize" the President's behavior.
Baldwin has not entered a political race, but said in 2006 that his "ideal" race would be to run for governor of New York.
Baldwin told radio host Howard Stern in June that if he made a bid for the White House, he would "one-thousand percent" prevail as the winner over Trump.
"If I ran, I would win," Baldwin said. "I would absolutely win."
Speaking seriously, however, Baldwin said "I'm not" the hope of the Democratic Party, as Stern suggested.
"I'm only saying that because people really don't have a sense of who is gonna come up. I mean, somebody great is gonna come up, I hope. But the only reason I say it is because I'd love to run for that kind of position — to have things be very common sense. There's so many things this country needs to do that are so obvious," he added.
- Alec Baldwin to headline New Hampshire Democratic Party dinner
- 'SNL' star Alec Baldwin comments after arrest
- Alec and Hilaria Baldwin welcome baby No. 4
- Get ready for more Alec Baldwin as Trump on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin slammed for 'black people love me' comments
- Alec Baldwin arrested, charged with assault in New York
- Alec Baldwin's Trump returns with worries about the Mueller investigation
- Alec Baldwin pleads guilty to harassment in parking spot dispute
- Alec Baldwin falls for classic New York City scam
- Alec Baldwin's Trump returns to get his intelligence briefing from 'Fox & Friends'