Four months after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office began reviewing a sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey, CNN has learned a second case is now under the office's review.
DA spokesman Greg Risling told CNN last month a new case was presented to the office by the LA County Sheriff's office and remains under review.
Assault and battery
Continents and regions
Crime, law enforcement and corrections
Crimes against persons
Sex and gender issues
Southwestern United States
The Sheriff's office did not have any further information immediately available when reached by CNN.
Representatives and a lawyer for Spacey did not return CNN's request for comment.
The first case stemmed from "events" that reportedly took place in October 1992 in West Hollywood, California, and involved a male adult, according to a statement released by the LASD in April.
The LASD's Special Victims Bureau began investigating that case in December 2017. On Tuesday, the District Attorney's office announced it will not prosecute in this case, stating that it fell outside the statute of limitations.
Spacey is also under investigation for alleged sex crimes in London, according to the Los Angeles Times.
London's Metropolitan Police would not identify Spacey by name when reached by CNN previously.
The flood of allegations against Spacey began after actor Anthony Rapp shared his own story in an interview with Buzzfeed in October 2017.
Rapp, now 46, said Spacey made a sexual advance toward him in 1986 when he was only 14. Spacey was then 26.
In response to the allegations, Spacey tweeted that he was "beyond horrified to hear [Rapp's] story," adding that he did not remember the encounter.
"But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years."
Days later, members of the "House of Cards" production staff detailed sexual harassment and an alleged instance of sexual assault to CNN.
Netflix cut ties with Spacey as a result of the allegations, a move the streaming service says cost them roughly $39 million.
A former TV news anchor later came forward with an allegation that Spacey sexually assaulted her son in 2016.
In London, an investigation commissioned by officials at The Old Vic Theatre, where Spacey served as artistic director from 2004-15, unearthed 20 allegations of inappropriate behavior by Spacey.
The Old Vic said the allegations spanned from 1995 to 2013, with most of the claims taking place before 2009. The theater said at the time that it had not been possible to verify any of the allegations.
Spacey has been silent since putting out his first statement regarding Rapp's allegations, after which he sought unspecified treatment.
This story has been updated to reflect the Los Angeles District Attorney has since declined to prosecute the first case against Spacey.
CNN's Stella Chan, Cheri Mossburg and Sarah Moon contributed to this report.
- Kevin Spacey sexual assault case under review
- Second Kevin Spacey sexual assault case under review in Los Angeles
- Kevin Spacey charged with indecent assault
- Kevin Spacey's defense claims sexual assault accuser was flirting with him
- Kevin Spacey cost Netflix $39 million
- Kevin Spacey channels Frank Underwood in video
- See Kevin Spacey appear in courtroom
- Kevin Spacey to be charged with indecent assault, posts bizarre video
- Kevin Spacey to plead not guilty to assault charge in Nantucket court
- El caso por crímenes sexuales contra Kevin Spacey está bajo revisión de la fiscalía