A 61-year-old man suffered puncture wounds in a shark attack Wednesday on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, according to officials and reports.
The swimmer suffered bites to his leg and torso and was hospitalized, CNN affiliate WCVB reported. His condition was not immediately known.
Animals and society
Continents and regions
Fish and shellfish
Northeastern United States
The incident occurred in Truro within the boundary of Cape Cod National Seashore, the National Park Service said.
The man was standing about 30 yards offshore when he was bitten.
WCVB reported there have been shark sightings in the area, with seals being attacked.
Two children were attacked last month off Long Island, New York, and investigators were looking into whether sharks were responsible.
- Shark attacks swimmer on Cape Cod
- Man dies after shark attack on Cape Cod
- Swimmer dies after suspected shark attack
- Great white sharks are invading Cape Cod just in time for the Fourth of July
- Rescued dolphins returned to ocean off Cape Cod
- Over 100 sea turtles found dead off Cape Cod
- More than 100 sea turtles found dead off Cape Cod
- Bones Recovered From Cape Cod Shipwreck Could Belong To Infamous Pirate
- Un presunto ataque de tiburón deja un muerto en Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Shark attack halts Australia surf competition