The largest wildfire in California history has burned for nearly two weeks, and the massive inferno is still growing.
This animation shows how the twin blazes, collectively named the Mendocino Complex Fire, exploded in size this month and has scorched an area bigger than Los Angeles. California fire officials predict it'll take a month before it's contained.
Accidents, disasters and safety
Continents and regions
Crime, law enforcement and corrections
Fire prevention and safety
Firefighters and firefighting
Labor and employment
Law and legal system
Political Figures - US
Safety issues and practices
Southwestern United States
Workers and professionals
Here is a look at the 10 fires that consumed the most acres in California.
The Mendocino Complex Fire is not the only major fire consuming parts of California. Firefighters are battling more than a dozen others in the state.
- Mendocino Fire is largest in California history
- How the Mendocino fire, in just days, exploded into the largest in California history
- California fire explodes in size, is now largest in state history
- Thomas Fire is the largest blaze in California history
- Thomas Fire now third-largest wildfire in modern California history
- Firefighters battle largest fire in CA history
- The largest wildfire in California history is finally contained
- Thomas Fire, once largest in California history, is now 100% contained
- Largest transgender cast in TV history
- Thomas Fire on course to become California's largest-ever wildfire