A giant sinkhole swallowed two vehicles and a fire truck near Hanover, El Paso County officials said.
It happened on Old Pueblo Road near Birdsall Road, prompting a road closure that remained in effect Tuesday afternoon.
Two Hanover firefighters and one civilian driver were seriously injured. Officials said road crews are assessing the damage before cleanup.
- Enormous sink hole swallows 2 cars, one fire truck
- The mystery of the early universe's enormous black hole
- Sinkhole Nearly Swallows Pickup Truck Following Heavy Rain
- China's forgotten village swallowed by nature
- Driver escapes before sinkhole swallows her SUV
- Bitcoin sinks 20%
- Australian rugby taking 'enormous steps' into the future
- Duck boat survivor describes sinking
- Why the Dow keeps sinking
- Girl hospitalized for days after accidentally swallowing popular holiday gift