Deputies in Surry County have arrested a man accused of breaking into a home and kidnapping four children.
Ricky Brandon Hawks, 37, of Cana, Va., allegedly broke into a home at 197 Old US 52 South in Mount Airy at about 4 a.m. Friday and held the victims at gunpoint.
The victim told deputies that a strange man forced his way into her home with a handgun and tried to tie her doors closed. She was able to escape and called 911 from a neighbor's house.
The victim told arriving officers that the suspect was inside the victim's home with her four children, ages 10, 8, 5 and 2.
Deputies saw the suspect and the children through a window and eventually convinced the suspect to safely come out, according to a sheriff's office press release. None of the children were hurt.
Hawks was jailed under a $515,000 secured bond on five counts of felony first-degree kidnapping and one count each of felony first-degree burglary and felony possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Deputies in Surry County arrest man accused of breaking into a home and kidnapping four children
- Man charged with kidnapping, raping Johnson County deputy pleads guilty
- 2 men arrested after more than 350 credit cards and $63k in cash found during traffic stop in Surry County
- Authorities search for 79 kidnapped children
- After Massachusetts man is accused of kidnapping, three bodies are found at his home
- Man arrested outside Lana Del Rey concert after 'kidnapping threat'
- PD: 3 women arrested for kidnapping, assault
- Cameroon kidnapping: Two children, principal and teacher still captive
- Man Arrested, Accused of Arson in 4,700-Acre Blaze Burning Homes in Riverside County
- Man arrested after missing Guilford County girl found now faces kidnapping, statutory rape charges