A drug bust captured on video along John Deere Road over the weekend landed one man in jail and resulted in death threats to the citizen who captured the incident with his mobile phone.
Larry Weimer recorded the arrest of Scott Schilde, 48, of by Moline and MEG officers on the side of John Deere Road. He posted the video on social media, where it blew up, he said, with a mixed reaction of people praising it and others critical.
"I did catch one death threat already," he said. "But it's not my fault, and I don't take kindly to threats."
According to police, Schild, of Moline, was in possession of more than one pound of crystal methamphetamine. He remains in custody in the Rock Island County Jail.
- Meth bust captured on video by driver
- Video captures mother busting out bus window with hammer
- Orem police make 30-pound meth bust valued at $1.5M
- Video captures officer knocking down motorcycle rider
- Hate in America captured on video
- Authorities capture 13-foot alligator
- How five videos captured the fatal shooting of Alton Sterling
- Video captures bobcat, snake facing off in Arizona
- NOAA's dive off Outer Banks wildlife refuge captures dramatic video
- Video captures salmon swimming across a road in Washington