(CNN) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said US President Donald Trump raised the issue of Russian interference in US elections during a bilateral meeting in Helsinki, Finland, on Monday, adding that his country had "never interfered and is not going to interfere" in US domestic politics. Describing what he characterized as the "so-called Russian interference in the US electoral process," Putin repeated his longstanding assertion that the Russian state was not involved in attempts to influence the 2016 US presidential election. "I had to reiterate what I've said on many occasions, including during personal meeting with the president: That Russia has never interfered in and is not going to interfere in US internal affairs, including the elections," Putin said in remarks to the press following the discussions. "If there are any specific materials, if they are presented, we are ready to review them together."
(CNN) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said US President Donald Trump raised the issue of Russian interference in ...
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 11:30 AM
Updated: Jul 18, 2018 11:30 AM
- URGENT - Putin: 'Russia has never interfered' in US domestic politics
- Putin denies Russia interfered in US elections
- Putin denies Russia interfered in US election
- Report: Russia interfering with US legal system
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- What Putin says about interfering in US elections
- URGENT - The Russia investigation
- Vladimir Putin: US political system 'eats itself'
- Russia's discontent with Putin bubbles up
Scroll for more content...