A former North Carolina Sunday school teacher is being held on a $1 million bond after charges he molested multiple children in the Johnston County church where he served as a Sunday school teacher.
Jonathan Young, 34, of Benson, faces 13 charges including six charges of first-degree rape of a child, three charges of statutory rape, two charges of first-degree sexual offense and two charges of indecent liberties with a child.
Young was a Sunday school teacher at the Firstborn Baptist Church where at least some of the incidents happened.
Officials say, some of the cases date back as far as 15 years ago. The youngest victim was just 7-years-old at the time.
Allegations were first investigated in 2014 but investigators were unable to find enough evidence to bring charges. Recently, authorities say, multiple victims came forward.
- Former Sunday school teacher charged with sexually assaulting children for years
- Kentucky governor apologizes for saying teachers' strike left children vulnerable to harm, sexual assault and drugs
- Kentucky governor says teachers' strike left children vulnerable to sexual assault
- Reality TV star charged with sexual assault
- Pastor and former Marine charged with sexual assault of children; denied bond
- Former youth pastor faces sexual assault on child charges
- Charges: Pastor Sexually Assaulted Parishioner, Called It 'Deliverance'
- A first Uber ride ends in sexual assault charge
- Nick Carter won't be charged in sexual assault case
- JD.com founder will not be charged with sexual assault