The owners of the pony that was found in northeast Portland have been identified, according to police.
The pony, whose name is Giovanni, was found wandering in the 4800 block of Northeast 17th Avenue just before 7:53 a.m.
Police said Sgt. Engen was flagged down by a concerned community member who found Giovanni in her yard.
Around 9:30 a.m., police said Giovanni's owner were located.
- Pony found wandering Portland streets returned to owners
- Yellowstone bison wanders into Idaho
- 20-year-old father arrested after young child found wandering streets of East Windsor
- Boyfriend arrested after 2-year-old found wandering neighborhood alone
- 1-year-old found wandering alone on busy road
- Man arrested after young child wanders away
- Mom finds 8-year-old daughter with autism wandering streets after school due
- PD: Toddler wandered into neighbor's pool, later dies
- Miniature pony on the loose corralled by Clewiston police
- Missing Pony Finds his Way Home in the Poconos