A bear was euthanized after it was hit by a car in Missouri Tuesday night.
The Cuba, Missouri Police Department posted on their Facebook page that the bear was hit on Old 66 near the city limits. When officers arrived, they found the bear severely injured and contacted the Missouri Department of Conservation. A conservation agent arrived at the scene and took possession of the bear.
Due to the bear's injuries, the bear had to euthanized, according to the police department.
No other details were released.
- Bear euthanized after being hit by car
- Cougar found inside Oregon motel euthanized
- Bear destroys car after getting stuck inside
- Mountain lion euthanized after killing woman's pet dog
- Merkley bill would stop USDA from euthanizing kittens
- Woman's 911 calls about bear stuck inside car released
- A healthy dog was euthanized so it could be buried with its owner
- Bear cub rescued from tree
- Boston Marathon survivor hit by car
- Third bear hit and killed on Baltimore interstate in 3 weeks