A woman has died from her injuries after jumping out a window to escape an extra-alarm fire on the city's North Side.
The fire started around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday at an apartment building in the 1700 block of Touhy in the Rogers Park neighborhood.
Officials say the fire started on the rear porches of the building and quickly spread inside.
A woman jumped from an upper floor of the building before crews were able to rescue her. She was transported to the hospital in critical condition, but died shortly after.
The woman has been identified as 51-year-old Maria Silva.
Another person was transported to the hospital. No word on their condition.
- Chicago woman dies after jumping from extra-alarm fire
- Trump's fire alarm presidency
- Chicago Fire Dept. diver dies during rescue attempt
- Man jumps, catches child escaping apartment fire
- Escaped prisoner dies after jumping into creek in Lancaster County
- Mother of 2 dies after allegedly jumping from moving vehicle
- Business sounds alarm over Brexit 'chronic uncertainty'
- Greenhouse gas reaches alarming new record
- Doctors raise alarm about ancient virus
- Omaha once hosted ski jumping