A Douglasville man is dead after falling from a cliff while tubing with a group of friends on the Chattahoochee River Saturday night.
Christian Collis, 25, was with friends around 8:30 p.m. when he fell from the cliff, struck a rocky base and then submerged into the river. His friends tried to find him but were unsuccessful.
County County Fire and a rescue team eventually located Collis at Sandy Spring Park off Akers Drive.
Collis was taken to Kennestone Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Sandy Springs Police Department is investigating the case.
- Man killed after falling from cliff on Chattahoochee River
- Man killed after car plunges over cliff
- Increased water releases from Lake Lanier to make Chattahoochee River treacherous, officials say
- Woman Rescued After Falling 150 Feet Off Cliff
- Man Falls 500 Feet To His Death Rescuing His Dog from Seaside Cliff
- Woman survives after SUV plunges off cliff
- Drunk 14-year-old rescued from a cliff
- Father and son die after falling off a 75-foot cliff in Connecticut
- Congress' DACA game of chicken goes off the cliff
- Family's SUV cliff plunge may have been intentional, police say