Samantha Bee again addressed the vulgar remark about Ivanka Trump that landed the late-night host in hot water this week.
"Every week I strive to show the world as I see it, unfiltered. Sometimes I should probably have a filter. I accept that," Bee said in a speech Thursday night while accepting a Television Academy Honors award, according to a report from IndieWire. "I take it seriously when I get it right and I do take responsibility when I get it wrong."
Members of the press that had been approved to attend and cover the reception where Bee spoke were uninvited from the event in light of the controversy that stemmed from Bee calling the White House senior adviser and first daughter a "feckless c***" on her TBS show in a segment about the treatment of migrant children that aired Wednesday.
IndieWire said it was provided the speech by an unnamed source.
A spokesperson for TBS confirmed to CNN the accuracy of Bee's comments. (TBS, like CNN, is owned by Turner, a subsidiary of Time Warner.)
The Television Academy and Bee's personal representatives to confirm did not return CNN's request for comment.
In the piece at the heart of the controversy, Bee admonished Ivanka Trump for what she said was an "oblivious tweet."
"You know, Ivanka, that's a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad's immigration practices, you feckless c***!" she said on her program.
The White House called Bee's comment "vile and vicious."
Bee apologized on Thursday, saying her comment was "inappropriate and inexcusable."
"I crossed a line, and I deeply regret it," Bee said in a statement.
In her acceptance speech, Bee said, "We spent the day wrestling with the repercussions of one bad word, when we all should have spent the day incensed that as a nation we are wrenching children from their parents and treating people legally seeking asylum as criminals," she said.
"If we are OK with that then really, who are we?" she added.
Bee and her staff were on hand at the event to accept an award for their pieces about the #MeToo movement.
- Samantha Bee calls Ivanka Trump the 'C-word'
- Samantha Bee uses obscene word to slam Ivanka
- Samantha Bee's message was right even if her word wasn't
- White House says Samantha Bee's attack on Ivanka Trump was 'vile and vicious'
- Samantha Bee will address vulgar comment about Ivanka Trump on her show
- Samantha Bee apologizes for vulgar remark about Ivanka Trump: 'I crossed a line'
- Two companies suspend ads from Samantha Bee's show after vulgar remark about Ivanka Trump
- Read Samantha Bee's on-air apology
- Samantha Bee is apologizing to the world for Trump
- Donald Trump's very clear double standard on Samantha Bee