The Saginaw Fire Department introduced a new team member Friday--and he's furry!
Introducing Sheldon, an arson K-9.
"It's an awesome privilege to have this dog. There's not very many of us in the country," Lt. John Tadlock said. "There's eight other dogs that State Farm has sponsored in the state of Texas."
The 2-year-old black lab recently received his certification... And his partner couldn't be more thrilled.
"There's three things that they do," Lt. Tadlock said.
"They're non-biased. They don't care if you're rich or poor, if you live in a mansion or a shack. They can smell. Their olfactory senses are way better than yours and mine," he continued. "And then they can scent discriminate."
Tadlock and Sheldon investigate fires in Saginaw and seven other counties as needed.
- Fire department introduces its first arson dog
- Robinhood trading app introduces cryptocurrency
- Here's what happens when a fire is caused by arson
- Arson suspect in Holy Fire appears in court
- Rescue Dog Becomes First K9 Officer for Arkansas Police Department
- Multiple wildfires in Oklahoma, arson suspected
- ATF: Arson attacks target Jehovah's Witnesses
- Newborn baby surrendered to fire department
- Fire department intern saves man's life
- Senators introduce bipartisan legislation protecting Mueller