A 25-year-old man is facing charges after posing as a 17-year-old so he could once again play on the high school's basketball team.
Sidney Gilstrap Portley was enrolled in two Dallas high schools for almost nine months, claiming to be a Hurricane Harvey refugee. Because of that, he didn't have to show proof of any records.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Portley started at Skyline High School, then later moved to Hillcrest High School, where he joined the basketball team.
Dallas ISD was tipped off after a former coach recognized him. Portley was arrested Friday and is facing a charge of tampering with government records.
- 25-year-old poses as HS student so he can play on basketball team
- He said God wanted him to confess to 25-year-old killing
- A 25-year-old Iowa woman was shot and killed while driving home from work
- Russian company playing hardball with Mueller's team
- Amputee baseball team plays in Las Vegas
- Lanier HS student facing charges after bringing gun to school
- Mountainburg HS Students Enjoy Prom In Spite Of Tornado
- Twins pose as Olympians for Instagram
- Woman posing as nurse takes personal information
- Man arrested for posing as immigration offical