Cromwell Police arrested a man after it was discovered that a child who was in his care was found wandering in the road on Sunday.
Police arrested 51-year-old, Cromwell resident, George Downer and charged him with Risk of Injury to a Minor and Reckless Endangerment in the Second Degree.
Police said a passerby saw a 2-year-old child wandering along Berlin Rd (Route 372) near Kirby Rd in Cromwell on Sunday just after 6:30 p.m.
Police said the child was brought safely home.
Downer was released on a $15,000 bond and is expected to appear in Middletown Superior Court on April 10th.
- Man arrested after young child wanders away
- 20-year-old father arrested after young child found wandering streets of East Windsor
- Yellowstone bison wanders into Idaho
- Boyfriend arrested after 2-year-old found wandering neighborhood alone
- Young child dies in vehicle fire
- 1-year-old found wandering alone on busy road
- PD: Toddler wandered into neighbor's pool, later dies
- Pony found wandering Portland streets returned to owners
- Police: Man arrested for robbing a child
- Mother accused of child abuse allegedly abducts her young son