The Virginia Zoo welcomed a new baby bongo on Friday!
The 50-pound male calf is mom Betty's sixth offspring and just the second for father, Bob.
The baby will join Betty, Bob, two adult female bongos and another calf, Joy (born December 25) in the bongo exhibit in the Africa – Okavango Delta area of the zoo.
Zookeepers have chosen four possible names for the new calf – Blarney, Bugs, Buster and Baxter, and you get to help choose the name!
- New baby bongo born at the Virginia Zoo
- Zoo welcomes new baby sloth
- Virginia Zoo welcomes new Red Panda
- Baby born weighing 1 pound comes home
- Harbor seal born at the Milwaukee County Zoo
- Three baby goats make their debut zoo
- Baby giraffe makes debut at Milwaukee Zoo
- Baby survives after being born with heart outside her body
- Watching a baby octopus being born is mesmerizing
- 'Volunteer Cuddlers' Helping Babies Born To Drug-Addicted Moms