It wasn't just the kids who enjoyed the snow Wednesday. Politicians shared their snowy day on Capitol Hill and at the White House on Twitter after a spring nor'easter dumped inches of snow on the nation's capital.
First lady Melania Trump shared a photo of the White House looking like a winter wonderland.
While the federal government closed for the snow, lawmakers were still on Capitol Hill attending hearings and working on an omnibus spending bill that will keep the federal government running through September.
Members, however, did take a break from the busy day to enjoy the weather.
Democratic Rep. Dan Kildee of Michigan made a point of scoffing at the few inches of snow and its paralyzing effect on the city.
- Politicians blanket Twitter with DC snow day photos
- Orange snow blankets parts of Russia
- Weekend snow from Denver to D.C.
- Snow blankets the South, moves into Northeast this weekend
- Records fall in Moscow as snow blankets Russian capital
- After taste of spring, weekend snow to blanket the Northeast
- Tehran blanketed with smog for third day straight
- Candidate wiretapped discussing black politicians
- Rookie politician topples 10-term incumbent
- Snowstorm marches north after blanketing Southeast