Council Bluffs may soon be getting a medical marijuana oil dispensary.
The city council will vote Monday on the resolution, which would allow Council Bluffs residents to access cannabidiol or CBD oil.
Right now, the Iowa Department of Public Health is considering licensing up to five dispensaries in the state. Applications were due last Thursday and dispensary licenses would be issued by April 1.
Last May, the Medical Cannabidiol Act was signed into law allowing for the use of CBD to treat certain debilitating medical conditions.
- City considers dispensary for medical marijuana oil
- Medical marijuana dispensary opening in Vassar
- Pennsylvania's medical marijuana dispensaries running dry
- Residents sound off over medical marijuana dispensary
- Medical marijuana dispensary owner's prison sentence raises questions over prosecution
- Dispensary owner looking forward to relaxed medical marijuana rules
- Wellington council to vote on medical marijuana dispensaries
- Thailand approves medical marijuana
- Medical marijuana considered an option to combat opioid addiction
- Arkansas judge considers effort to halt marijuana