Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are mourning the loss of a four-legged member of their family -- their beloved dog, Puddy.
Puddy, an English bulldog, recently passed away after almost ten years with the couple, Teigen said in an Instagram post.
"Today our baby, Puddy, has gone on to the pup heavens," the pregnant star wrote. "10 years ago, on May 30th, I found the dog that would be there for us through every up, down, new house, new city, new tour, new travel. He welcomed new pups and loved on new babies and new bellies. He was there for everything."
Teigen and Legend got Puddy during their first year of dating, the cookbook author said.
In light of Puddy's passing, Teigen shared pictures from Puddy and Pippa's wedding celebration.
"It's true what they say. We are their entire lives and it is the greatest shame that they can only bless us with a short spark of time in ours," she wrote. "I always knew I would lose a piece of me when he left us. I feel the hole now."
- Chrissy Teigen mourns death of beloved dog Puddy
- Who is Chrissy Teigen?
- Everyone says Chrissy Teigen's name wrong
- Chrissy Teigen hints at baby No. 2, tweeting: 'Somebody's herrrrrrre'
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend donate 72K to ACLU
- Chrissy Teigen has some thoughts about Meghan Markle's dad
- Bush family mourns beloved patriarch
- Chrissy Teigen's live tweets during 'Jesus Christ Superstar' were a miracle
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen's holiday special has us craving a sitcom
- Chrissy Teigen inspires parents to share photos of babies with head-shaping helmets