They lost their friends and classmates. Their geography teacher. Their coaches. Seventeen people who once shared the halls of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School with them are gone after one of the biggest mass shootings in US history. And these teens want to make sure it never happens again.
There to learn. Ready to teach
Jack Haimowitz, 18, is captain of the lacrosse team at Stoneman Douglas. His friend "Guac," Joaquin Oliver, died in the shooting. He wants lawmakers to stop treating gun control like a two-headed monster.
We're not actors
Ashley Paseltiner, 16, is sick of people calling her and her fellow classmates pawns in a bigger political game.
My generation will rise up
Sawyer Garrity, 16, was trapped in a closet for 90 minutes with other students while they waited for an all-clear from police. She says this time the fight for gun control is going to be different.
The right to life
Robert Bonczek, 17, is a junior ROTC member. He lost three friends from JROTC, and another who was in his class. He says the Second Amendment should come after every human being's basic right to life.
Our government is failing us
Nothing happened after Sandy Hook or the Las Vegas shooting, 16-year-old Lina Crisostomo says. But she can feel the change this time, she says -- it's coming.
Listen to us -- it's our future
Nadia Murillo lost two friends in the shooting. One of them, Cara Loughran, would have turned 15 on Wednesday, the day Nadia spoke with CNN.
- They've spoken. We're listening
- Mom: I haven't spoken to daughter. Not once.
- Officials: Trump has not spoken to bomb targets
- Tillerson won't say whether Trump and Kim Jong Un have spoken
- Obama welcomed Trump to Washington a year ago. They haven't spoken since
- The groundhog hath spoken! Welcome to six more weeks of winter
- Ken Jeong on the success of 'Crazy Rich Asians': 'The fans have spoken'
- Former President George H.W. Bush's last words, as spoken to his son, George W. Bush
- Trump hosts prison reform listening session
- Listen as officers search for shooter's photo