Mark Bogen, the vice mayor of Florida's Broward County, said Friday that President Donald Trump's expected visit with the victims of the Parkland school shooting is "absolutely absurd."
"Him coming here is absolutely absurd, and he's a hypocrite," Bogen said of the President in an interview Friday with CNN's Fredricka Whitfield. "How can you come here and talk about how horrible it is when you support these laws?"
Bogen argued that Trump is a hypocrite because he supports the purchasing of assault weapons, "and then comes down here and wants to act as though this is horrible, and this shouldn't happen, but goes back to Washington and supports it."
"It is hypocrisy, it is absolute hypocrisy," Bogen said.
Trump announced on Twitter Friday morning that he'll be leaving for Florida later to "meet with some of the bravest people on earth -- but people whose lives have been totally shattered."
- Florida vice mayor slams 'absurd' Trump visit
- Canadian finance minister: Trump tariff rationale 'absurd'
- Browder: WH entertaining Putin proposal 'absurd'
- Texas Mayor slams Trump's rhetoric on Mexico
- Canadian foreign minister calls Trump tariffs 'absurd' and 'illegal'
- Vice President Mike Pence visits the Texas-Mexico border
- The GOP's outrage over Rashida Tlaib is absurd
- Trump slams FBI's handling of tip on Florida school shooter
- The whiteness of Trump's White House interns is absurd ... and speaks volumes