The Madison Police Department's Special Victims Unit is investigating mysterious injuries discovered on newborns at Meriter Hospital's Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
According to our sister station in Madison, Meriter Hospital officials are the ones who notified police. The hospital said in a statement it is cooperating with law enforcement.
"As the police investigation continues, we continue our own internal review and have implemented supplemental monitoring and security measures to enhance supervision in our Newborn Intensive Care Unit until the investigation is complete," the statement read in part.
Families involved in the investigation are being notified, but others who recently had a baby in Meriter's NICU are also concerned about their children's safety and want an exam.
No one has been arrested in the investigation thus far.
- Newborns injured in hospital NICU, police investigating
- Nursing in spotlight after NICU investigation
- Newborn baby sets hospital weight record
- NICU webcam at Orem hospital 'especially comforting' for deployed father
- Hospital to offer NICU and well babies donor breast milk
- After mistakenly declaring newborn dead, New Delhi hospital loses license
- 94-year-old knits for newborn babies
- See first newborn planet caught on camera
- Newborn baby surrendered to fire department
- Mom flees wildfire with newborn and stranger