At least 19 people were killed when a double-decker bus crashed Saturday in the Tai Po area of Hong Kong, a spokeswoman for the Hong Kong police told CNN.
Dozens were injured in the wreck, police spokeswoman said.
Images from the scene showed the passenger bus lying in its side. The top of the bus appeared to have been torn off, local media reported.
At least 17 men and two women were among those killed, the spokeswoman said.
Tai Po is in Hong Kong's New Territories on the mainland.
The bus crash happened near a large horse racecourse where special arrangements had been made due to expected heavy traffic.
- 19 killed, dozens injured in Hong Kong bus crash
- The Hong Kong International Races
- Touring Hong Kong's container port
- The Hong Kong Jockey Championships
- Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong jailed again
- Why Anthony Bourdain loves Hong Kong
- Hong Kong issues highest level storm warning
- Cleanup begins in Hong Kong after Mangkhut
- China's terrifying moves on Hong Kong
- 19 muertos y decenas de heridos en accidente de autobús en Hong Kong