Apparently Steven Tyler aging backward puts people in their feelings.
The 69-year-old rocker appeared in a Kia commercial that aired during the Super Bowl.
In the ad, Tyler races a 2018 Kia Stinger in reverse on a track that results in him emerging from the car decades younger to the strains of Aerosmith's 1973 hit "Dream On."
The commercial, which owes Tyler's younger visage to the wonders of CGI special effects, elicited quite a response from social media as did Kia's tagline "Feel something again."
"Not a KIA fan, but the Stinger commercial with Steven Tyler going back in time was the best one yet," one person tweeted.
Another tweet said, "Thinking about the commercial last night where Steven Tyler drive a Kia in reverse at over 60mph to revert back to a younger age because it implied life wasn't as good being older."
Tyler, who turns 70 in March, had a more positive view of the commercial.
"Sometimes to go forward...you have to take a few steps back," he tweeted before the Super Bowl. "I left a little message for you in my new #kiastinger...Listen closely."
- The most memorable 2018 Super Bowl ads
- These are the most memorable 2018 Super Bowl ads
- The most memorable campaign ads of 2018
- Why Super Bowl ads still matter
- Toyota Super Bowl ad showcases flying car
- Super Bowl Fast Facts
- Watch the 2018 Super Bowl commercials
- Super Bowl Budweiser ad highlights water donations for disaster zones
- The Koch brothers' company bought a Super Bowl ad
- The reason why Super Bowl ads are worth it