A picture of a homeless man sitting on a wet sidewalk outside of Aurora hospital has sparked an internal investigation.
Someone snapped the picture of the man discharged from Aurora Sinai Medical Center wearing only a hospital gown and scrub pants in the cold. A local homeless organization says the man was being treated for frostbite.
A Spokesperson at Aurora says they are investigating the situation and they released this statement to TODAY'S TMJ4:
"It is clear that our protocols and values were not followed, and we're deeply troubled by this. We're taking this matter very seriously and have suspended the individuals involved, pending an investigation."
- Hospital investigating homeless man left outside in hospital gown
- Video shows patient left at cold bus stop at night, wearing only a hospital gown
- Homeless patients were being discharged in hospital gowns. So this Miami nurse found them clothes
- Newborns injured in hospital NICU, police investigating
- Woman creates 'angel gowns' to comfort grieving families
- Hailey Baldwin Bieber shows off her stunning wedding gown
- Steve Gleason hospitalized
- Burned Kaysville officer, rescued man remain hospitalized
- Man hit by flying molten rock hospitalized
- Health officials investigate after pictures show unsanitary conditions at hospital