A former teacher appeared in a Portland courtroom Thursday morning to face sex abuse charges.
Dale Buckendahl, 53, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment.
Prosecutors claim Buckendahl abused an underage girl about 10 years ago when he was a substitute teacher.
That girl is now 18-years old and has filed a $6.2 million lawsuit against the Reynolds School District in connection with the alleged abuse.
The lawsuit claims Beaverton High School had suspended Buckendahl for inappropriate behavior in 2002, several years before the alleged abuse occurred.
It also claims the state had revoked Buckendahl's right to apply for a teacher's license the next year.
FOX 12 has reached out to the Reynolds School District, but district officials have not yet commented on the case.
- Former Reynolds substitute teacher facing sex abuse charges, district facing $6.2M lawsuit
- Cardinal Pell facing historic sex abuse charges
- Church youth leader facing child sex charges
- 'Dancing doctor' faces malpractice lawsuits
- Facebook already faces lawsuit under GDPR
- PD: Substitute teacher ran 'fight club' at school
- The lesson of the substitute teacher who stole Christmas
- Pennsylvania priest now faces criminal charges, district attorney's office says
- Security guard at CREC school faces sex assault charges
- Turpin parents facing more charges in case of abused children