New Britain High School is sponsoring a unique mentoring program.
Edwin DeJesus, a guidance counselor at New Britain High, started the "Man Up" program.
The hope is to keep young men at the school on the right track.
The program sponsors guest speakers - focusing on a range of topics, like leadership and anger management.
DeJesus said it encourages the boys to be active in the community.
"Just principles of manhood. You know, motivation, taking responsibility, overcoming obstacles," DeJesus said. "Things that fathers would teach their sons."
The group also takes time during the week to exercise together.
- Mentoring program helps young men in New Britain
- Program helps young, aspiring musicians
- What happens when women mentor men
- Andy Murray ends Britain's 77-year wait for men's Wimbledon champion
- Omaha mentors recruited at barber shops
- Cop threatens young men: I'm 'trigger happy'
- New Britain father faces deportation on Friday
- Britain's Princess Charlotte starts nursery school
- Fire destroys home in New Britain
- Trump to Toblerone: How Britain googles Brexit