FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Allen County circuit court celebrated the graduation of local veterans today from the Veterans Court program.
The veterans in the program celebrated sobriety, and thanked Allen County for helping them heal.
All of the veterans who graduated were in the program for about 15 to 18 months, and completed drug screenings, court appearances, and group meetings.
"We as a society owe them the opportunity to get clean and healthy, and to help them based on what they gave their country years ago," said Judge Fran Gull, co-creator of the program.
Thirty-seven veterans have graduated from the program since they first started in 2013.
- Veterans graduate from 'Veterans court' program, celebrate recovery
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- VA hospital staff celebrate veteran's 100th birthday
- K9 officers graduate from training program
- Stand Down offers resources to veterans
- Bicycle ride honors Vietnam veterans in Huntington
- Veteran remembers events of D-Day
- Elementary school celebrates milestone for mentor program
- Graduation held for Hoosier inmates enrolled in vocational program
- Army helicopter pilot surprises son for Veterans Day