Photo Gallery 1 Images
COLUMBUS, Ind. (AP) - Two women have been arrested on charges related to the drug overdose death last year of a Bartholomew County Jail inmate.
Debin Page Gabbard of Columbus is suspected of smuggling methamphetamine into the jail when she was arrested in October of 2017 and giving the drugs to inmate Mary L. Snyder. Snyder is accused of providing the drugs to inmate Angela Blair shortly before the 42-year-old Blair died of methamphetamine intoxication.
After an investigation by the Indiana State Police, the 27-year-old Gabbard was charged this week with felony counts of dealing methamphetamine and trafficking with an inmate. The 19-year-old Snyder was charged with a felony count of possession of methamphetamine.
State Police Sgt. Sgt. Stephen Wheeles says both women are in custody.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two women charged in overdose death of inmate
- Estranged Wife Charged in Man's Heroin Overdose Death
- Court denies new trail for man in babysitter's overdose death
- Texas spares death row inmate's life minutes before execution
- PD: School board member overdoses in car
- Greensboro teen charged in 2017 shooting death
- 14-year-old girl charged in father's death
- Murder charge filed in Indiana deputy's death
- Attorney: No criminal charges in Prince death
- Supreme Court revives case of death row inmate who said juror was racist