Photo Gallery 1 Images
COLUMBUS, Ind. (AP) - Two women have been arrested on charges related to the drug overdose death last year of a Bartholomew County Jail inmate.
Debin Page Gabbard of Columbus is suspected of smuggling methamphetamine into the jail when she was arrested in October of 2017 and giving the drugs to inmate Mary L. Snyder. Snyder is accused of providing the drugs to inmate Angela Blair shortly before the 42-year-old Blair died of methamphetamine intoxication.
After an investigation by the Indiana State Police, the 27-year-old Gabbard was charged this week with felony counts of dealing methamphetamine and trafficking with an inmate. The 19-year-old Snyder was charged with a felony count of possession of methamphetamine.
State Police Sgt. Sgt. Stephen Wheeles says both women are in custody.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two women charged in overdose death of inmate
- Murder charge filed in Indiana deputy's death
- Three students treated for overdoses at North Side High School
- Indiana distributing overdose antidote kits to 34 counties
- Noble County Sheriff receives K-9 opioid overdose kit
- Whitley County Jail changing inmate mail screening
- Fort Wayne man formally charged in beating death of toddler
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court
- Baxter Street death investigation suspect charged with murder
- Toddler's death under investigation