FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Two dogs died in a house fire Friday night on St. Louis Avenue.
The fire started just before 9:30 p.m. at 1921 St. Louis Avenue. When crews arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the house and flames in the kitchen.
Three occupants of the house got out safely but told crews on scene that their two dogs were still inside. The dogs were found and FWFD attempted to revive them but were unable to.
The kitchen had heavy fire damage and the rest of the house suffered moderate damage.
The blaze was under control in about twenty minutes.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Two dogs die in house fire
- 2 brothers, dog die in northeastern Indiana house fire
- Dogs rescued from house fire
- Police: Woman left 6 dogs to die in abandoned car
- Woman gets prison sentence after dogs die in hot car
- Hartford woman due in court for leaving dog to die in the cold
- Dog shot, hit with hammer and left to die in ditch rescued
- Hasbro-Mattel merger rumor just won't die
- Three die in Grand Canyon helicopter crash
- Protesters hold 'die-in' at grocery store