DEFIANCE, Ohio (WFFT) - Two people are behind bars after officers find $11,000 worth of drugs in their car.
An Ohio Highway State Patrol trooper pulled over a car on St. Rt. 15 near U.S. 24.
The Defiance County Sheriff's Office K-9 was called in to conduct a narcotic serach.
The K-9 alerted and the car was searched.
Officers found approximately 93 grams of meth and 3 grams of heroin.
Police say those drugs have a street value of around $11,000.
Travis James Rath of Bryan and Jessica McCaniel of Pioneer were arrested.
They're facing charges of Aggravated Possession of Drugs.
During the investigation police found the pair left three minor children in a hotel room in Wauseon, Ohio.
The children were placed in protective custody.
- Two arrested after $11,000 worth of drugs found in car
- FWPD make drug arrests
- Two arrested in Steuben County drug search
- Drug sting leads to arrest by FWPD
- Car found in river near Parnell Ave. bridge
- Man found dead in car on city's north side
- Ohio State Highway Patrol sees increase in drug arrests
- Vehicular pursuit leads to drug-related arrest in Lagrange County
- Two arrested on drug related charges in Kosciusko County
- Drug bust on Aboite Center Road leads to four arrests