WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump announced Friday that the U.S., France and Britain together launched military strikes in Syria to punish President Bashar Assad for his alleged use of chemical weapons against civilians and to deter him from doing it again. Explosions lit up the skies over Damascus, the Syrian capital, as Trump announced the airstrikes from the White House.
- U.S., France and Britain launch military strikes in Syria
- President Trump Announces Air Strikes on Syria
- Banks launches re-election campaign
- Parkview listening to concerns before finalizing Frances Slocum deal
- Boys and Girls Club launching "Project Blueprint"
- "Veterans For Joe" launches in Fort Wayne
- Students at Towles Intermediate School send relief kits to Syria
- West Virginia Senate nixes vote on striking teachers' raises
- Man taken to hospital after striking utility pole
- Money stolen from local military charity collection boot