Detectives with the Fort Wayne Police Department have arrested 27 year old Mitchell Vanryn of Fort Wayne in connection to the death investigation of two year old Malakai Garrett.
Vanryn has been arrested on preliminary charges of Level 1 Felony Aggravated Battery and Level 2 Felony Domestic Battery. This investigation is still active and ongoing.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Allen County Coroner's Office has identified the 2 year old who was taken to a Fort Wayne fire station yesterday afternoon and later was pronounced dead as Malakai Michael Garrett, 2, of Fort Wayne.
An autopsy has been conducted, but the cause and manner of death remain under investigation by the Coroner. The Fort Wayne Police Department and Allen County Prosecutor's Office are also investigating.
- Toddler's death under investigation
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Police investigating baby's death
- Fort Wayne man formally charged in beating death of toddler
- Aunt of homicide victim speaks out about toddler's death
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court
- Police investigating Weisser Park death
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest
- Trial set for woman facing neglect charges following toddler's death, change of venue denied
- Police investigating death on S. Webster Street