FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Saturday marked the inaugural Summit City Craft Soda Festival and Winter Carnival at the University of Saint Francis Performing Arts Center.
Locals get to sample tastes of the past.
The event highlights the days when soda came in a glass bottle and sweetened with natural cane
Fizz Fest showcases over 100 vintage and craft sodas to sample and purchase.
The family-friendly event also featured a myriad of old-time carnival games and live entertainment.
"The craft sodas that we have featured today, some are old time brands that some of us knew as a kid that we didn't realize were being produced that are now being rebottled. Some are receipes that have been handed down through 4 generations," Roger Grabner, Director, said.
The funds from the event go toward Blessings in a Backpack to help children who receive reduced lunches.
- The first ever Summit City Craft Soda Festival and Winter Carnival kicks off
- Summit City experiences power outages
- US issues security alert for Trinidad and Tobago Carnival
- Carnival Dream cruise becomes a nightmare after leaving New Orleans
- Harlem Globetrotters to visit Summit City
- New Escape Room Comes To Summit City
- McDiscount: $1 soda, 2 for $5 deals lure more to McDonald's
- Trouble in Big Food: America's cereal, soda and soup companies are in turmoil
- Festival of Trees kicks off the holiday season for Fort Wayne
- City prepares for winter roads