NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT)- A New Haven man was being held in the beating death of his mother, until Thursday night. 42-year-old Chad Ingram was released at 6:30 Saturday evening.
He was arrested for domestic battery Saturday after his 61-year-old mom, Heidi Colley was found dead inside her home in New Haven. He was charged with domestic battery.
According to an affidavit, Ingram was sitting on the couch inside his mother's home while she lay dead and naked on the floor in the next room.
The affidavit says Ingram has several documented reports of abuse to his mother with the New Haven Police Department. Ingram has not been charged with the murder of his mother.
His preliminary charges have been dropped. The case is still under investigation.
- Man arrested in mother's death released from jail
- Arrest made in stabbing death
- Arrest made in infant death
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court
- Van Wert Police release more details on infant death investigation
- Arrest made in Lillie Street death investigation
- Mother's Day Downtown
- DeKalb County Jail needs repairs
- Chad Ingram now charged with murder in death of his mother
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest