COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -Stormy Daniels' lawyer says the porn actress was arrested at an Ohio strip club and is accused of letting patrons touch her, which is a violation of a state law.
Michael Avenatti tells The Associated Press on Thursday that Daniels was taken into custody during a show in Columbus, Ohio.
Avenatti says during the performance, some patrons touched her in a "non-sexual" way.
An Ohio law prohibits anyone who isn't a family member to touch a nude or semi-nude dancer.
Avenatti called the arrest a "complete set up." He says she was arrested inside the club.
Franklin County Jail officials said she was released around 6 a.m. Thursday. Court records show Daniels posted $6,000. As a result of the arrest, Daniels will not perform Thursday night.
Daniels, also known as Stephanie Clifford, is set for a Friday arraignment on three misdemeanor counts of touching a patron at a "sexually oriented" business.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stormy Daniels arrested in Ohio
- Ohio State Highway Patrol sees increase in drug arrests
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled
- Wet microburst hits Haviland, Ohio
- Ohio teen accused of killing neighbor
- Ohio man dead after snowmobile accident
- Ohio man dead in auger accident
- Trump says Daniels payment unrelated to campaign
- Memo details sexual harassment by ex-Ohio state senator
- 8 injured in Mercer County, Ohio after possible tornado