FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- UPDATE: The travel advisory for Allen County has been lifted as of 2 p.m. Friday. Although road conditions have dramatically improved, drivers are still encouraged to use caution while driving. There may still be some slick spots where standing water is freezing as temperatures fall.
Sleet and falling temperatures have created slick conditions for drivers Friday. Several slide offs have been reported, and some involved injuries.
According to Frank Suarez with Public Works, all of Allen County remains under a Winter Weather Advisory. Side streets are particularly slick and motorists should slow down and use caution while driving throughout the day.
Street Department trucks continue to salt and plow the roads.
WFFT will have updates for you on road conditions as they become available.
- Sleet and falling temperatures creating hazardous conditions for drivers
- Sleet causes slick conditions for morning commuters
- Tow trucks hard at work as temperatures fall
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- Mega Millions creating lines in Fort Wayne
- Overnight snow creates trouble during morning commute
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition
- National Teen Driver Safety Week keeping young drivers safe
- More people staying at Rescue Mission as temperatures drop
- O'Reilly scandal creates more headaches for Fox bid in UK