FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - IPFW is just days away from assuming their official new name, Purdue Fort Wayne.
The university has been working on changing things for the new name.
Many signs on the campus have already been changed to reflect the Purdue Fort Wayne name.
Chancellor Ron Elsenbaumer says they're excited for this new chapter in the school's history but adds they won't forget where the school has come from.
He also says they want to be a valuable part of Fort Wayne.
"We want to make sure that we are contributing in a very meaningful way to this region culturally, civically as well as economically," Elsenbaumer said. "We have many aspirations for this institution."
One of those goals is to increase enrollment which will also help increase graduation numbers.
IPFW officially becomes Purdue Fort Wayne on July 1.
- Purdue Fort Wayne close to officially assuming new name
- IPFW assumes new name
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Aunt Millie's to close Fort Wayne bakery
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Purdue University Fort Wayne holds spring campus visit
- Resource center that aided nonprofits closes in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Staples store to close on March 16th
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti