FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne police are investigating after a 5 day old infant received critical injuries.
Police say hospital officials reached out to police after the infant was brought to the emergeny room by family members.
Detectives haven't figured out how the infant was injured or who is responsible.
Family members are currently being interviewed to help police figure out a timeline of events surrounding the injuries.
The investigation continues by the Fort Wayne Police Department and the Allen County Prosecutor's Office.
- Police investigate critically injured infant
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash
- Four people injured in crash, one critical
- Arrest made in infant death
- Officer involved shooting reported in Fort Wayne; person critically injured
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting
- Warsaw woman critically injured in crash with semi
- Police seek missing woman and her infant son
- Police investigate stabbing
- One, dead, five injured after police chase