FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Individuals and companies raised funds through donations, and braved the cold waters to demonstrate their commitment to the cause.
There were over 80 plungers at today's event.
All the funds raised directly from the event will benefit more than 14,000 special olympic athletes throughout the state.
"This helps them to be able to participate at no cost so we've got athletes from our surrounding counties who benefit from the funds raised today," Jake Pickett, Director, said.
Over $14,000 was raised from this year's plunge.
- Over 80 people participate in Polar Plunge
- Local schools participating in national walkout in their own way
- Fort Wayne residents participate in Air Quality Action Day
- People frustrated over Washington gridlock
- People struggle to find Tamiflu
- People worried about housing development
- Two people found dead in vacant apartment
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- Storms kill four people in Kentucky, Arkansas