ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- A man is in custody in Dekalb County after a routine traffic stop turned into an early morning manhunt.
It happened around 4:30 this morning in the area of Fitch and Coldwater Road.
Deputy Noga with the Dekalb County Sheriff's Department stopped a vehicle for a moving violation. During the stop, 37-year-old Nathan Conn fled on foot into a wooded area.
Allen County and Avilla used their K9 units and assisted in the search. Noble County responded with drones, and found Conn in the woods.
Conn was checked out by EMS and booked into the Dekalb County Jail on resisting arrest and an outstanding warrant for battery.
The incident is under investigation.
- One in custody after early morning manhunt
- Suspect in custody after two county manhunt
- UPDATE: Manhunt in DeKalb County ends without anyone in custody
- Early morning crash injures two
- Early morning fire damages home
- Fire destroys home early Thursday morning
- Police investigating an early Sunday morning shooting
- Man hurt in early morning stabbing
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- Alcohol believed to be a factor in early morning crash